Toyota’s Roadside Assistance Program is applicable to a number of models under warranty for a period of 3 years / 100 000km (whichever comes first).
Toyota Care Roadside Assistance entitles you to the following 24-hour emergency roadside assistance benefits (Toyota Passenger and Light Commercial Vehicles):
- Out of Fuel - enough fuel to reach the closest petrol station
- Change of a flat tyre
- Jumpstart or battery replacement
- Key Lockout support
- AA tow truck will tow the vehicle to the nearest Toyota Dealership, in the event of a mechanical or electrical fault
- Where the AA has no fleet present, an AA accredited tow contractor is available to tow the vehicle to the nearest Toyota dealership
A 24-hour Mayday emergency medical rescue service for unforeseen Medical Emergencies. The AA will arrange and pay for medical evacuation to a suitable medical facility. This service is available nationally and it includes:
- Emergency evacuation and transfer to the most suitable facility
- Relocation after treatment
- Liaison with next of kin keeping them informed
- Travelling companions stranded minors (motor vehicle collisions)
- Transfer of emergency medicine and travel advice
- Rape crisis helpline
- Repatriation of mortal remains or local burial
In addition to the Toyota passenger and light commercial vehicle service offering the following vehicles enjoy the following extended benefits:
- Land Cruiser Prado
- Land Cruiser 200 series
- Land Cruiser Pick Up
- Land Cruiser Station Wagon
These extended benefits include:
- In the event that a vehicle has broken down more than 100 km of the customer's home, we will arrange for a 24hour car hire to support the customer to complete his or her journey or return back home.
- The Hired vehicle will be a Group B vehicle (subject to availability).
This service is subject to terms and conditions set by the car hire company i.e. must be in possession of a valid credit card and driver’s licence.
- In the event that a vehicle has broken down more than 100km from the customer’s home, provided that the customer has elected to forfeit the 24-hour car hire option, arrangements will be made for overnight accommodation for the driver and four passengers.
- A maximum of R350 cover per person for one night's accommodation to be paid (max 5 people).
- Vehicle repatriation
Should the driver continue his journey while the vehicle is being repaired (opted for the 24 hour car hire option), we will provide the customer with a 24 hour Group B vehicle to collect t his or her vehicle or alternatively, will arrange for a flight ticket for the customer to collect his vehicle after repairs OR Alternatively, should a customer insist that the vehicle be towed to a dealership closer to his home address, Toyota Roadside Assistance will supplement the additional tow costs of car hire for the vehicle repatriation service.
- In the event of an accident, the AA will arrange for the vehicle to be towed to the nearest Toyota accredited Panel Beater from the accident scene.
For your peace of mind the Toyota Care Roadside Assistance contact centre is available 24hours a day, 365 days a year.
Toyota Care Roadside Assistance 24-hour Toll-Free Numbers:
South Africa: 0800 022 600 or 0800 139 111 (select option 5 during working hours
08h30 to 16h30, and option 1 during after hours)
Botswana, Lesotho, Swaziland: +27 11 799 1640
Namibia: +27 11 799 1640 or 081 933
The Roadside Assistance Program is applicable in South Africa, Namibia,
Botswana, Lesotho and Swaziland.